Monday, May 27, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA! 

These memes were started by Teach Mentor Texts and Book Journeys, to inspire readers to  share books they have read and will be reading.  I have found many of my current reads by following bloggers participating in It’s Monday! What are you reading?  Be sure to check out their sites for more information on what they are reading, and learn how to participate.

               

          3
                            

Last Week’s Favorites:

Penny and Her Marble

Title:  Penny  and Her Marble
Author:  Kevin Henkes

Time-Out for Sophie

Title:  Time-Out for Sophie
Author:  Rosemary Wells

The first time I read this book I was not very impressed.  However, my three young children LOVE this story.  This has been a daily bedtime story for the past week, and my two year old especially can’t get enough of Sophie’s ornery antics.  I will admit, this book is quickly gaining my favor.

  When Zachary Beaver Came to Town

Title:  When Zachary Beaver Came to Town
Author: Kimberly Willis Holt

Invisibility

Title:  Invisibility
Auhors:  Andrea Cremer and David Levithan

Reading Plans for this Week:

Doll Bones

Title:  Doll Bones
Author:  Holly Black

Look Up!: Bird-Watching in Your Own Backyard

Title:  Look Up!  Bird-Watching in Your Own Backyard
Author:  Annette LeBlanc Cate

More Bears!
 
Title:  More Bears!
Author:  Kenn Nesbitt
Illustrator:  Troy Cummings

A Pig Parade Is a Terrible Idea

Title:  A Pig Parade Is a Terrible Idea
Author:  Michael Ian Black
Illustrator:  Kevin Hawkes


Title:  Eleanor and Park
Author:  Rainbow Rowell

If You Want to See a Whale

Title:  if you want to see a whale
Author: Julie Fogliano
Ilustrator:  Erin E. Stead

Doug Unplugged

Title:  Doug Unplugged
Author/Illustrator: Dan Yaccarino

Want to Be in a Band?

Title:  Want to Be In a Band
Author:  Suzzy Roche
Illustrator:  Giselle Potter

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to Doll Bones, but haven't gotten my hands on it yet. I really enjoyed Eleanor & Park. I will look forward to seeing what you thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Doll Bones, but for personal creepy childhood reasons. My grandmother had a creepy China doll when I was growing up. She lived in East Liverpool, Ohio so Doll Bones hit very close to home for me. I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete