Tuesday, March 4, 2014

SOLC Day 4: Late Night Conversations



Last night I was having a hard time falling asleep.  Typically, when this happens, I will pick up a book and read until I fall asleep.  However, last night I picked up my phone and sent my mom a text message.  I told her that I couldn't sleep and wanted to know if she was still awake.  Yes, I will be thirty years old this year, I have been married almost 8 years, I have three young children and I still text my mom when I can't sleep.  This is something that I am proud of stating.  I'm proud that I have such a close relationship with my mom, that I can text her and she will talk to me no matter the hour of the night.  We didn't really talk about much of anything, but I will say the conversation helped me finally fall asleep.  We confirmed plans to go to lunch on Saturday, and possibly see a movie.  We talked about the Slice of Life Challenge and how I find it therapeutic.  There were a couple serious moments in our late night conversation, but overall it was a very lighthearted conversation.  This lighthearted conversation helped me to clear my head and catch a couple hours of sleep before my alarm woke me.  It's small moments like these that I appreciate about my mom.  She knows me better than anyone else in my life, and I hope I can be half the mother to my children that she is to me.  

3 comments:

  1. I am on the other end of this type of conversation. My daughter will text me at various times throughout the day. It is nice to share what is going on during the day - and at night - this way. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging, I didn't know you had started one. How sweet you can text your mom when you can't sleep. I'm going to need to remember how important this is to you when my own are away, which college is right around the corner. What a touching piece you wrote today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a close relationship with your mom. Moms are always mom no matter how old we get. I agree that blogging is very therapeutic. This is my first time writing a blog also and I look forward to sharing a slice each day. I enjoyed your piece--happy slicing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete